- Make sure your commercial business is properly insulated. This is the single most important step in conserving energy. Thermal insulation should be specified in terms of thermal resistance (R-values). R-30 (10″) is recommended for ceilings, and R-11 (3-1/2”) for exterior walls and floors over unheated areas. In colder climates, consider additional insulation.
- Infiltration of humid outside air is your heating and air conditioning system’s worst enemy—it could account for 15% to 30% of air conditioning energy requirements. Find the places where air can sneak into the building and plug them with caulking, weather-stripping or plastic. Also, weather-strip and caulk around all entrance doors and windows.
Cut heat transfer through your windows by 40% to 50% with double-glazing (two panes of glass separated by a sealed air space) and low-e glass.
- Use wood- or metal-frame storm windows even if single-glazed windows are high quality. The extra layer of glass and the layer of still air will cut heat transfer considerably.
Install storm doors at all entrances to your house.
- Keep all windows and doors closed.
- Remember that by increasing the glass area, you increase the amount of heat added in summer and lost in winter.
Make sure fireplaces have tight-fitting dampers, which can be closed when the fireplace is not in use. Invest in a humidifier to conserve energy in winter. The air in your home won’t be as dry, so you stay comfortable at a lower temperature setting.
WHO WE SERVE:
- Grocery Stores
- Super Markets
- Cold Storage Facilities
- Production Plants
- Liquor/Convenient Stores
- Office Parks
Typical equipment includes:
- Rooftop HVAC units
- Computer room systems
- Gas and electric furnaces
- Air handling equipment and VAV systems
- Exhaust and ventilation equipment
- Energy management systems
- Building automation
- Parallel rack refrigeration systems
- Single remote refrigeration units
- Self contained refrigeration equipment
- Walk in coolers and freezers
- Ice machines
- Secondary coolant systems
- Cooling towers
- Central systems
Mechanical 24 is a full service Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration company. We repair, install and maintain all different makes and models of furnaces, heating systems, air conditioning systems and refrigeration etc. We also provide our customers with 24-hour service 7 days a week. Quick Response & Prompt Service!
Our company was founded on the philosophy of making quality and affordable repairs, always taking our customers best interest into consideration. We follow this philosophy every day to deliver superior customer service.
Our team is highly trained and experienced and we have developed processes to follow which will not only get your equipment up and running fast, but will also help stop recurring problems.
Our Preventive Maintenance Program has saved our customers time and money as they avoid unplanned service visits.
We are dedicated to deliver “THE RIGHT SERVICE, AT THE RIGHT PRICE, EVERYTIME, ON TIME”
Call us today at 847-987-9738
Elk Grove Village IL